Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Slow birding in Alpine

Stuck in Alpine and hardly any birds. Probably dispersed from all the rain. And we got a surprise inch of rain again this afternoon. I wish the oasis would have gotten some too, but didn't. My son went to water and service feeders in my place. So that leaves me in Alpine longer than I normally am. He had some other stuff he had to do there, so no need us both going. But I'll go in a few days if I can stand to wait that long.


Here are a couple of photos of our alley here in town between the property the house is on and the bird habitat. 



I'm showing you this because the city is getting ready to uglify it. They're going to replace the utility poles and lines. I hate living in the city. It's unbearably noisy, and that's before they bring in the equipment. I'm just referring to trains, loud dogs barking in surround-sound day and night, noisy vehicles, and such. It's tolerable when there are good birds.


I still have the Allen's Hummingbird, but it only comes to the feeder a couple times a day these days.




2 comments:

  1. Only compensation for losing hearing in my old age is that since I've moved to town, I can't hear all that racket. You're probably closer to trains than I am. But most of it, unless it's a really eager let's put the pedal to the metal driver, does not intrude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about that a lot. If I'm shut up in the house, it's fairly quiet. It's just when I want to be outdoors, which is a lot. I sleep with a pillow over my head and the trains in the night don't wake me anymore. When I get to the oasis, the first thing that always strikes me is the quiet. It never fails to surprise and delight me.

    ReplyDelete