Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 26, 2022

Bear raids feeder yet again!

Cold weather is always hard on me, and I'm not well at the moment. Nevertheless, I came to the oasis to water trees. What with one thing and another I only got a couple of trees watered. Will finish tomorrow, hopefully. Today I summoned what little strength I had to clean up the bear's devastation.  After I left for town on Dec 22, he came out of his "nest" and pulled the feeder down. Gonna have to raise it another foot or so. Here is the bear before he pulled the feeder down. It's obvious he has an injured front left paw.



Somehow he reached the feeder without climbing the pole or stepping on the unwelcome mat, I'm pretty sure. Here are the clips of when he did the deed. Happened after dark, unfortunately.




The pipe that my son welded on prevented the bucket from crashing to the ground. No consolation though.

.

He also tore up two oak trees that had some acorns on them, snapping a nearly 3" trunk off of one.




So by the time I got all the messes cleaned up, I was too tired to water. Doesn't help that my cabin is icy cold. My little space heater doesn't make a dent. Gonna get under my electric blanket and hope tomorrow is a better day.


3 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better Carolyn...take care of yourself! Tom McC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all. I'm feeling a bit better today and doing the watering, though not as much as I normally water.

    ReplyDelete