Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, May 19, 2023

Christmas Mountains information

For anyone interested in the Christmas Mountains, outside the oasis, here are a few links.


https://texashighways.com/travel/outdoors/christmas-mountains-are-the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving/


I'm not sure if this next link will work, but if it doesn't. I've copied a paragraph from it that mentions me, albeit with last name misspelled. The symposium is an annual event, open to the public.


https://gato-docs.its.txst.edu/jcr:e08000f2-5e4f-4bb4-98c1-7f8ac8fc103b/Program%202023.pdf


Naturally, I'm hoping my son, Lee, will become passionate about the oasis before the responsibility for it falls to him. This tiny Elf Owl is doing its share to nurture a passion. Photo by Lee.




2 comments:

  1. Great photo of the elf owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t live in the desert, but I’m a big proponent of Douglas Talamy’s vision. I am working on turning my yard into a native wildflower meadow with a few small native trees (redbud, dogwood). It’s a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete