Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Monsoonal rain!

Before the storm

My sister called me that we got over an inch and the arroyo that originates at the oasis is running higher than it has in years. That means all my tanks have to be brimful. I'll go assess the situation early in the morning. It's possible the road may not be passable. I should only be able to top off the above ground tank that I've used a foot or two from. There shouldn't be any other space to pump water into.



I was watching on radar, and midafternoon the storm heading into Alpine from the west, which was predicted to bring heavy rain and flooding to Alpine, veered southward straight toward the oasis. Not a drop in Alpine. Meanwhile, from the south a similar large patch of heavy rain moved north toward the oasis, where they converged. I've never observed that happening before, though I'm sure it must have.I can't even remember when we last got a monsoonal rain in May. Been many a year.


Details and photos tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. That is Wonderful news. Hope all the tanks are full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Yes! Let's just hope no damage that requires our treasure lady to have to lift a finger or stress at all. I'm hoping everything will be like paradise for all there!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for rain’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that wonderful news Carolyn! We have finally been blessed with some decent rain in our neck of the woods as well. We have already gotten more rain this year than we did all of last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flora and fauna shall flourish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll post some photos later today. Basically, everything is brimful and the road is barely rougher than normal. Total rain was 1.25"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilled to hear of the much needed rain. I’m sure the wildlife there are thrilled also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was watching the radar the last couple of days and thought you might get a good sprinkle. So glad, will be seeing y’all in august, can’t wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s great, will cut your anxiety.

    ReplyDelete