Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A watering day

My definition of a lovely day is a day that's not too hot, not too cold, and not too windy. My definition of a perfect day is all of the above plus not too sunny, and water in my tanks to water with. I love overcast days. Today was another lovely day.(Perfect days only come a couple of times a year.)

Some migrants are moving through, although I didn't take time to photograph them since I can only be here one day, then other obligations need attending to. I spent my time watering the trees, ever mindful that trees grow on water, but water doesn't grow on trees. I'm going to just water once weekly now that the weather is cooler and the trees need to get ready for winter dormancy.

Here's a little Ruby-throated Hummingbird that seems to have damage to the bill.


































1 comment:

  1. It looks like a Cooper's to me, too. See you Wednesday. :-)

    ReplyDelete