Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, January 4, 2019

Forty year battle

For over 40 years I've been trying to protect my land adjacent to Terlingua Ranch. The latter is plagued by cactus collectors, poachers, feral burros, aoudads, off-road vehicles and such. Occasionally I've had livestock (cows, horses, and goats) encroach. Many years ago I even took someone to court over their cattle grazing my land. Now I see there are cattle on Terlingua Ranch again. Since so many more people live there than used to, I expect they'll get removed at some point. One can only hope.

My mountain is on left side

The aoudad are the worst problem my land has right now. But I live in fear of feral hogs.

Of course Big Bend National Park and Black Gap Wildlife MA to my south and east have the same problems. 

A friend who lives on Terlingua Ranch is seeing Sagebrush and other good sparrows.

These elk and feral hog photos were taken just south of Elephant Mountain, which is 30 north of CMO.



(None of these photos were taken by me, just encountered on Facebook.)



No comments:

Post a Comment