Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Lovely weather day

This morning I finished my plant projects that were supposed to keep me busy all winter. But I'm sure I'll find something else to occupy me. The weather is supposed to be lovely for the next several days so I'm eager to go see what's at CMO in the morning.

Today Hugh and I have been married 15 years. I told him "Happy Anniversary." He's never once (in 15 yrs.) told me "Happy Anniversary," but that's OK. (Luckily, I take responsibility for my own happiness.😀)

Since the weather was nice I decided to see how many bird species I could tally here at our place in town. Only made it up to about 11, but some of them were interesting. I heard a Great Horned Owl calling from up in the pine tree but couldn't locate it. A gorgeous male Anna's Hummingbird made a few quick feeder visits. I was barely able to get this bad shot of it.


Was surprised to see an American Goldfinch. Usually, I just get the Lesser's.


And this next bird is probably just an Eurasian Collared-Dove, but it looks so white that I guess it's possible it's an African Collared-Dove. I need better photos of the legs and undertail.


Tallied a Yellow-rumped Warbler too. I'm thinking it's an Audubon's even though it has a white throat. I'd think a Mytle's would show more of an eye-line.




No comments:

Post a Comment