Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Love the new shade

I finished the shade this morning. Already can't imagine not having it. Weather is warm and lovely. Our week of winter is but a dim memory. LOL

 

Took me a long time to get from the oasis to the highway headed for town today. Kept stopping to photograph wildflowers. Here are a few.

Verbena (Glandularia wrightii) blooming along blacktop (lower elevation than CMO)
Bicolor Fanmustard (Nerisyrenia camporum)
Texas Selenia (Selenia dissecta) I hope we can find this species at CMO


2 comments:

  1. Shading looks very nice. Should be a good wildflower show this spring with the moisture in the last months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The boards weren't all straight but they all make shade and if I want more shade I can always put a sotol stalk between each board. Might give it a rustic natural look too. I'm considering trying it. For now I'm going down Wednesday with hired help and plan to put some concrete on the pipes in the lower dirt tank so they'll stay in place. That black pipe tends to move with heat and cold. I'm already excited about the wildflowers. That Selenia was a new species for me. Now I want to find it at CMO so I can add it to my plant blog. If it occurred at CMO I probably would already have seen it, but maybe this year is special. Can't wait to get time later this week, probably Friday, to walk around seeking flowers to photograph.

    ReplyDelete