Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Uneventful day


Had a small group visit this morning but two other parties I was expecting were no-shows. Sometimes I rearrange my schedule for people and when they don't show up, or let me know, it's frustrating, but I probably would have been here today regardless. Eager to go up the mountain tomorrow, although I admit, it's a little scary at my age.

Since I got a new flower species at the oasis yesterday, I decided I should also include a similar thistle species. So here's yesterday's American Basketflower (Plectocephalus americanus)...


And here's the regular old thistle from the oasis.

Texas Thistle - Cirsium texanum
IDs are based on what I think they are using my digital guide.

Tried for better Elf Owl shots tonight. Not going to do that again. I used flash and think it bothered the owls. I'll let them nest in peace. I've got lots of better pictures of the owl, and I don't like the red eyes from the flash.



No comments:

Post a Comment