Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 7, 2020

A little stressed

I worked hard the last two days so gave myself the morning off before having to head to town. Now I'm behind and to make it worse, we set the clocks forward in the morning so I'll lose an hour there.

I'm trying to be real cautious about viruses what with the corona virus on the rampage. But it's difficult. No matter how careful I am out in public, if I come home and my husband hasn't been careful, then everything he touches could be contaminated. I'll try anyway. Probably by the time I decide to quarantine myself at the oasis, it'll be too late. I just worry because I have enough trouble breathing as it is, without a virus attacking my lungs. In December I nearly ended up in the hospital with bronchitis from the flu B. So there's that.

Yesterday I ate my second, and last, orange from my tree.


And after I watered everything, I further killed myself digging out a bush so the little Arizona Cypress tree that volunteered to grow there could do better. I didn't get out the taproot so it'll probably be an ongoing challenge. Here are before and after shots.



This morning was lovely. I sat by the big tank taking photos. None turned out very good. Probably because it's such a long distance across the tank. There were four Gadwalls on the tank, but they flushed when I hung around.


I was glad to see a Lucifer Hummingbird male set up his feeding territory near the tank. That means when ocotillo are blooming and Lucifers are scarce at the feeders people needing it for their life list can get it there.


Remember those hexagonal tiles I bought for the rock tank? A bunch of them leak and sink to the bottom. When I remove them from the water the tiles don't leak the water back out to where I can find the leak and patch it. I'll drain the tank soon and see what I can do about the problem. I'd say at least three dozen have sunk to the bottom and a couple dozen more on their way to sinking. Always something. As expensive as they are you'd think they could make them waterproof.


And I'm stressing about the upcoming roadwork. I know it'll be really stressful, but so great once it's done.



No comments:

Post a Comment