Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Still alive here

I only got in 3 hours of raking today. Still not recovered from yesterday I guess. My road manicuring standards have seriously deteriorated.

Birders today that had been here before said it was improved. They had a little trouble with getting traction on uphill slopes. Fortunately, I had kept the dozer off the steepest part of the big hill for that very reason. So the birders did make it up. The other areas are all powder now but as soon as it rains it'll pack in and be fine. Chance of rain this coming week.

Gonna do the best I'm able on the road in the morning and then quit. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Then during the next month I need to focus on patching the stucco tank. That's always an annual thing. I don't see any holes, but in places where the coating is peeling off, it needs to be repainted with Drylok. No hurry as we shouldn't get a monsoon for months yet.

None of my attempts at keeping bees off feeders has worked so far. My last option it to fill a big heavy feeder that maybe the woodpecker can't tilt.

Orange tree in the house is in full bloom, filling the house with its heavenly aroma.



No comments:

Post a Comment