Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, July 6, 2020

CMO

When I was leaving Alpine to come to CMO I had to wait on a train. I thought I was hallucinating when most all the cars on the train said CMO on them. So I googled it and it seems it has to do with Union Pacific. Learn something every day.


"Although the CMO had long been absorbed by the C&NW before that railroad was purchased by the Union Pacific, the UP still uses the CMO reporting mark on cars."

Worked on the dirt tank problem as soon as I got to the oasis. The pump started and tried to pick up water, but wouldn't. I think it wouldn't even try if the seals were burned out. The problem could be that there isn't enough water left in the tank. So I'm going to wait until it fills again and try again. If it still won't work, then I'll have to take the pump in for repair. Meanwhile, I put a weight on the intake so if it rains, and if it works, I'll be able to pump all the water out.


Didn't see any new odes. I put my repaired hexes into the tank. That tank started leaking. It hadn't before, but since the stucco tank quit leaking, I can't complain. The company that makes the hexes said they were going to send me a bunch of replacement tiles. I'll take it!

I did mess up though. Lots of the tiles didn't have any water in them and none ever blew out of the tank so I figured no water was needed inside them. But when I put the tiles into the tank I discovered they won't arrange themselves without water in them. It's solvable. I'll get a handle on this eventually.



No comments:

Post a Comment