Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Dreading tomorrow

Tomorrow I have to go water the oasis whether I want to or not. I didn't water before I left there and I can't procrastinate any longer. Temperatures are triple-digit every day and not lessening any time soon. I just have to be grateful that I have water to water with. And maybe some good odes to enjoy while watering. Here in Alpine I photographed this Aztec Dancer today.


A Great Blue Heron hangs around the ponds too. Life is all about water.


I guess the highlight of my dull day was getting four face masks in the mail. My very first "store bought" masks. They were free, but I remember my first "store bought" dress when I was five years old. My grandma bought it for me. All others were homemade, like my face masks. 

Our health insurance company sent these to us. They're nice and thick with built in nose clips and don't fit so tight around my nose. My homemade ones made my nose itch like crazy. Hoping these won't.


Trying to rest up today so tomorrow won't wipe me out so bad. I worry more about the mosquitoes than the heat though. Which is silly because I don't even react to mosquito bites. It's just the ick factor.

I plan to go slow and take two days. The second day will be Saturday when the electrician is due so don't know how long he'll have the electricity off while working on it, but watering should be easier when he's finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment