Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, July 31, 2020

Drip, drip, drip...

I put in a long hard day but I love the drip. First thing this morning (7AM) I painted the stand. Now CMO has its own water tower, sort of.


Serendipitously, a visiting birder was able to help me get the temporary tank on top. Very grateful!


I like it so well that if it holds enough water, which I think it will (300 gallons) I may paint it and keep it there permanently. The weight concerns me. The tank started sagging after I put 100 gallons in it so I had to drain it and put a piece of plywood under it. I put less than 200 gallons in it afterwards and if 200 gallons will last for 3 or 4 days I don't need to fill it. Still an experiment, but I have a drip.


I actually got a photo of a Common Nighthawk flying at the oasis in the daytime. An uncommon event (I normally just have Lesser Nighthawk) and even rarer that I could get a photo. You know what they say, "give a monkey a typewriter....." LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment