Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Officially 80

I've been telling people for quite a while that I'm 80 so it wouldn't come as a shock when I really am. So it's not a shock at all to be 80.


I thought this lovely monochrome by Mike Gray taken night before last at the oasis would be a nice tribute to the black and white photography that existed when I was born 80 years ago.

Here is probably the first photo ever taken of me. I was a month old on it, but was born a month early so that makes me kind of a newborn here.


And here I am around the time of my first birthday. Already very environmentally conscious. LOL


Here's how I look today in black and white.


And today in color.


My son and son-in-law hooked up new wiring to the stucco tank. The pump stays on now, so that problem is solved, but water still won't come out of the faucet farthest from the pump. We've determined that the line is plugged up with silt, maybe because the pressure without a pressure tank isn't good enough. So for now I'll water with two pumps. It's OK. Just so grateful to have water and wonderful kids.

Had a third July Lousiana Waterthrush land at the oasis today. I think it blew in with the east wind, compliments of Hurricane Hannah.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Carolyn! Working and working and preserving what you can....you've established a lot. I suspect that pooped out hummingbird found the right spot to get what it needs to keep on keeping on. My best wishes to you, with a great deal of admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! You sure get a lot of work done on the oasis and the birders really appreciate it. I'm sure the birds do too!

    ReplyDelete