Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, January 20, 2023

Beyond the physical

I'll never be able to understand things like quantum physics, nor do I see a purpose in my life for me to understand. But I do believe, just because man understands hardly anything of the universe and how it works, that doesn't mean unknown universal powers can't affect our lives. Like positive attitudes, gratitude, and stuff like that. It's hard not to believe some "divine" power caused my new young doctor to do a Hep C test that neither of us would dream could be positive. I had no symptoms.


Beyond that, in all my frustration over seemingly hopeless delays and lack of knowledge, I felt compelled to share the situation here on this blog. In the midst of my stress and desperation, a follower connected me to just what I needed.... access to an expert that I could talk to about it any time, and get the advice I need. I'm no longer stressed over it. I feel like I have a guardian angel holding my hand through the whole process. I'm so grateful! Hopefully, treatment will commence soon!


I'm also full of gratitude for the donations and assistance I receive to keep the oasis going. It takes a community! Just this morning I received a pickup load of mulch for the oasis, and the donor even loaded it for me!



My son will unload it tomorrow. I'm thrilled that at nearly 83 years old I can still keep the oasis going. Not planning to slow down any time soon. 

5 comments:

  1. That is wonderful Carolyn. So good that you found someone to talk to about your Hep C that relieved your stress about it. I too will soon be 83 and have had Autoimmune Hepatitis since 2002 so I can relate to how you feel. I didn't know I had it until I turned yellow and it was already advanced. I am still here kicking though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I didn't even know there was such a thing. Are you keeping it under control with steroids or whatever?

      Delete
    2. I so relate to how you must feel. Email me anytime and we can share experiences.

      Delete
  2. It is standard care practice to do a Hep C on us folks of a certain age. Your previous MD missed the boat on that one. Younger docs are more aware these days. Glad you did find out and getting treatment....divine or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. Just lucky I got a new young doctor that wanted to follow the new standards. It's awful that blood used in transfusions wasn't tested for Hep C before 1990, and then after that not tested for because there was no treatment, so what was the point? That's what I heard, anyway.

      Delete