Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Progress report

My Hep C treatment plan has been approved by the review board. I'm to take Mavyret for two months. Now I'm just waiting on my doctor to get the prescription to the pharmacy, and the insurance approval. At least I think that's all I'm waiting on. Today, I also had the ultrasound, but no results from that yet.


Meanwhile, my son is working on the new bear-proof feeder.



I like to visualize him enjoying the project, so I said something to make him laugh before snapping the next photo. I said something about how everyone is going to want one of his unique bear-proof creations.


This was a water heater. It's going to be awesome when it's all beautified and operational. My biggest concern is the ports. They have to be bear-proof, but not bird-proof. 



Still needs the perches, lock on lid, and paint. Then the post cemented into the ground, but the hard part is done.

__________________


UPDATE: Doctor called and said the prescription has been called into our pharmacy, but when I called the pharmacy, they said it has to go through a specialized pharmacy because of the cost of the drug. So there's still a bunch of red tape to go through yet, mainly regarding the insurance.


But some good news. My ultrasound was good. No cancer or cirrhosis (scarring), just steatosis.


9 comments:

  1. Sure hope you get to feeling better. And the bear proof feeder is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm excited. I feel good and glad to know that once I get cured of Hep C, my liver will improve. No permanent damage, I don't think.

      Delete
    2. Thankful all coming together on your treatment. The bear proof feeder is going to be great.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I'm excited too! Only one more hurdle on my treatment. As soon as the insurance approves it, the meds will get mailed to me.

      Delete
  2. My wife has MS and has to go through much the same for her MS meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to your son! Can’t wait to see this contraption in action next time I’m in your area. Keep on keepin’ on Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks intense! That was one big bear. Glad to see you found a work around! Wishing you speedy recovery and speedy delivery of your meds!

    ReplyDelete