Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Resetting the trail camera

I was nervous about leaving my husband alone to go water the oasis, but when I called to check on him, he was fine. That doesn't mean he's eating, and not living on pain pills, but nothing I could have fixed by being here.


The morning was calm and wonderful at the oasis, but got hot and windy before I finished watering. That hot south wind brought some early Lucifers. Neighbors three miles to the south of the oasis got their first one yesterday afternoon. No one was at the oasis at that time and I didn't have time to watch today, but I'm sure I heard one.


I moved the trail camera (GardePro E6) closer to the water drip/bath. I think it'll work fine now. Don't know yet because I didn't check the photos after I did it. The batteries were getting low and using wifi to check eats up the batteries. But I'm very optimistic. Here are a couple of video clips from before I moved it, so it'll surely be better than this.





New closer location...




4 comments:

  1. Just caught up with the posts from the last couple of months. So glad to hear about the successful hernia surgery, I had a double a couple of yrs ago. And glad y’all’s health is holding steady. Loved seeing the fox and watching the video clips. Looking forward to the festival in august.

    ReplyDelete