Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Winter hanging on

One day in the 70,° the next a high in the 40's, then a day or more of cyclonic winds, then repeat. That's how it seems. But, through it all, I steadfastly take my Hep C meds at the same time every day. In a few days I'll be a quarter of the way through treatment. No side effects, except, one day I ate a big spicy meal with my dosage and got nauseous. I researched the instructions and it said not to do that. But after a nap, I was fine. Won't happen again.


Birding is mostly done looking out the window toward the wonderful water feature.  


Female Ladder-backed Woodpecker

[Audubon's] Yellow-rumped Warbler 

About once a day a hummingbird stops by for a drink.


Probably female Rufous

I never tire of watching this Vermillion Flycatcher foraging for insects.


But the highlight of today was a quick visit from a Red Crossbill. Luckily, I was able to grab my camera in time to get a couple of decent shots. That doesn't happen often with speedy rarities.



The big challenge this month will be my husband's surgery to repair his incisional hernia next week. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. 


2 comments:

  1. Love all the photos Carolyn! I’m glad the water feature is working so well, you were spot on with that idea. Best wishes thru your treatment and hope your husband’s surgery is successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just wish I had done the water feature much sooner!

      Delete