Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Back at it

I'm not able to eat anything but pureed stuff so far, but I still enjoyed birding today. Going to Musquiz is always fun and it's only about 15 minutes from home. I arrived there at daybreak, hoping to maybe hear an owl, but didn't.



It's always fun to see Elk there, even though they're really far away.



And I enjoyed seeing a pair of Wilson's Snipes foraging frenetically.



Then back in Alpine, I did see an owl. A Great Horned Owl flew to the utility wire just above my water feature at 6:30 PM, during a time it's normally busy with birds. It stayed about 10 minutes. Bird activity didn't resume until around 7 PM, when it was too dark to take decent photos. Even though the owl had left the wire, it was probably lurking in a nearby tree.



No exciting birds today, but enjoying nature sure takes my mind off the world's craziness! 


6 comments:

  1. I need to try Musquiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it there. The speeding traffic is bad, and most birds are far away, but with your camera and photography skills, you should get some really nice photos!

      Delete
  2. Agree, getting out in nature is THE best medicine. Your great pics perfectly captured your day. Be well & heal up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find many like-minded people on this blog and enjoy reading it. "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." Vincent Van Gogh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunrise! I didn’t realize the elk were so close! You had a lovely day! Thanks for sharing the great photos!

    Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete