Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Exciting new oasis feature

My oasis quarters

The oasis now has wifi! So cool! When they hooked my quarters up to the new fiberoptic cable, I got them to install an extender at the same time. (Your donation dollars at work) I posted the password on a post at the viewing blind. I could now set my trail cam up to where I can watch it from Alpine. Gonna be a while though. Will have to bury an electric cable to it and get my genius grandson to hook it up to my computer, or whatever has to be done. I'm in no hurry, but at some point I suppose it'll happen.


I swear these Javelina think the water features are theirs and theirs alone. They come in often and when they do, all the birds disappear. I don't like them hanging around, but feral hogs would be worse, so can't complain. Must not be water anywhere else. 



White-throated Swifts swoop in to the big tank continually. Normally, during dry times, they would come in once or twice a day. Now it's almost constant. Even though they often zip close by me, they're too fast for me to photograph. This is the best I can do, no matter how many shots I take.




This Scaled Quail has obviously been dipping its beak into persimmons. I don't know how far they dip into the persimmons, but they stick their whole heads into the new ground feeder ports. I took photos, but they're on my computer at the oasis. I'm in Alpine now. I'll post some one of these days.


My son was tasked with making woodpecker-proof guards for the Wi-Fi extenders. Here's the first one. Two more to go. (One at the house and two at my quarters.)  He does good work on everything he does.

House radio (extender)

I photograph the remaining Lucifer Hummingbirds since I know it'll be four months before I see any again. Here's a juvenile male, practicing his territorial posture. I estimate there are at least five still here.


I'm stressing more over fear I won't get implants tomorrow than I am over the anticipated pain of getting them.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the dental work all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll let everyone know tomorrow afternoon asap!

      Delete