Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Finally some water in tanks

Got another rain and this time it came down fast enough that there was some runoff. Nothing went over the dams and the tanks didn't fill, but got enough to be assured the oasis can make it until next year's rainy season. Plus everything got a good soaking. First runoff since May!



I rushed down from Alpine to pump from the dirt tanks into the stucco tank. Gonna do a little patching on it first. It's a lot of work and I'm not up to it, what with age and healing from dental surgery, but doing my best. 


I checked the new ugly low water crossing. At least it functioned, not as well as the old one, but in the scope of life's challenges, insignificant.


Not much bird activity with everywhere being an oasis. Back to work!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear, now you will agonize less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for the rain! Hopefully we’ll get lots more over the next year with the El NiƱo in place, and get water into the Highland Lakes too. Crossing fingers your tanks get replenished with no effort on your part Carolyn! Thanks for all you do for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! As I type this I'm pumping water into the stucco tank. Visualizing a great spring! And if all goes according to plan, I'll even have teeth to eat with in the spring!

    ReplyDelete