Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Quick dental update

I have three new implants. Still in quite a bit of pain, but wanted to let everyone know. I didn't have enough bone on one side of my mouth, so the dentist was just going to put two implants on the other side. I insisted on having them on both sides, so at more expense (haven't told hubby yet), the dentist put in some bone graft and one implant on the other side. Couldn't bear the thought of only being able to eat on one side after all this expense and torture. Since my husband had put an absolute limit on what he would pay, I'll have to come up with some extra money, but at least I'll have six months to do it. Gonna be three months of mush while the implants heal. 

Also the one lower implant that the dentist didn't remove isn't doing well. He said it won't have to be removed, but might come out on its own. I'm hoping that once some of the stress is transferred to the new implants the old one might tighten up. Probably won't since the dentist assures me it won't. My new implants are good and solid. My bone is strong. He said, "Hard as rock." I've had other dentists tell me that before. When I was a teenager and had a tooth pulled the big strong dentist told me if everyone's teeth were that hard to pull, he'd quit being a dentist.


To be continued...


11 comments:

  1. Something similar happened to me, and I thought I would overdose on milkshakes after a week, so I got a blender and liquified ANYTHING I wanted: beef, chicken, curry, EVERYTHING! I ended up actually gaining weight! So, try your favorite foods, liquified in a blender? Here's to a healthy few more decades to you! You are a special person. -Ken in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I was drinking a shake when I read this. I love shakes, so hopefully won't overdose. In a few days when healing starts, I'll go back to putting anything I want to eat in the food processor.

      Delete
    2. Excellent News.

      Delete
  2. Hope healing is rapid for you, Carolyn! Glad you have it almost behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn: I've donated $25 to you to help with your dental expenses. You are doing such important work conserving wildlife, I think you need to be, as much as possible, in tip top shape. From another geezer that knows how it feels. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear the mostly good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your well-wishes and nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about you and praying your healing goes well!

    ReplyDelete