Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, April 26, 2024

Another tour group!


Today the VENT (Victor Emmanuel Nature Tours) vans inched their way toward the oasis. They reserve their day a year in advance. Usually Barry Zimmer leads the group. This is the first year I remember that he didn't, but his replacements were equally great guys! I did miss Barry though.



I think the oasis is almost a rite of passage for birders, like the Colima death march is. Today's group did that yesterday, so riding on a rough road probably didn't seem as bad as climbing up (or down) the Pinnacle's Trail in Big Bend National Park. No one complained anyway.


As usual, VENT provided us all with a lovely picnic lunch.



Birding was so-so. Not dead, but not peak migration quality either. Maybe the best is yet to come.

Lark Sparrow

Marbled Whiptail


3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was really excited to get it. The stars finally lined up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best photo I've taken of one and I probably won't ever take a better one.

      Delete