Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Killer day!

I arrived at the oasis around 8:00 AM. Birders were already there, but I needed to get the watering done before it got too hot and I got too tired. I persevered until around 12:30 PM when I was too exhausted to continue. Went to my quarters and fixed a brunch and took a nap. When I went back out to finish watering shortly after 3 PM, the temperature was 102° and stayed that way until 6 PM. I was really dragging, but needed to get it done since tomorrow is our Big Sit! 


I thought the best bird of the day was a Tropical Kingbird even though ebird didn't flag it as rare. At least that's what I think it is based on the white edges of the primary feathers.



The one remaining Tree Tobacco looks quite nice. Surprising since none of the others survived this long.



Too tired to write more. I'll post after our Big Sit tomorrow.

_______________________

UPDATE: I think the bird I called a Tropical Kingbird is actually a Western Kingbird that's molting it's white outer tail feathers.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry all! When I sent this out I was on the oasis computer and it doesn't let me copy and paste so I typed out the link and didn't do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail Diane YovanovichApril 18, 2024 at 10:39 PM

    I’m loving your blogs - don’t stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great BIG SIT today!

    ReplyDelete