Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Life bird today

The more lifers one gets, the harder it is to get more, since the number of species is finite. My sister-in-law, Dale Ohl, called me this morning from Marathon about a Red Phalarope there. I used to drop everything and run, but getting older, I had to think about it for all of 30 seconds. My husband didn't get a fresh salad for dinner, and the sheets I left in the dryer are a bit wrinkled, but I got the bird.

Dale Ohl, Heidi Trudell, and her husband, Matt York

As long as I was in Marathon, I dropped by Gage Gardens to look for butterflies and odonates. I saw quite a few of the latter, but haven't got many of them ID'd yet. I love Gage Gardens. It's a really special place.

Back in Alpine, I had to take a few pictures of the baby ducks. Because they're not babies anymore. They're more like teenagers, getting their adult plumage.



1 comment: