Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, June 6, 2014

Looking back a year

Last June we had already had 2 nice rains by this time resulting in temperatures about 10° cooler. Got up to 104° today. Ugh! Not getting a whole lot done. A little tank patching and a little silt removed. Tomorrow, a little coating the patched area, and maybe a little more silt removal. While I want to get as much of the tank cleaned as I can before it rains, I'm not pressured to, because I think the pond weed keeps the water cooler, therefore, evaporating slower. Just my theory. Can't find anything to substantiate it.

Here's a photo I took of my Standing Cypress yesterday. This it the best I've ever had. I didn't plant it last year (it only blooms the second year), but a few years ago I planted some and this is probably a result of that.


































This Lucifer Hummingbird checking out the Standing Cypress was moving too fast, but maybe a blurry photo is better than none. Or not!





No comments:

Post a Comment