Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 28, 2013

Citrus blind and bluebirds

I was going to call my new citrus area my citruserie (rhymes with rotisserie) but decided that was too complicated. I'll just call it my citruseria (rhymes with citrus area). It's finished until spring unless I come up with some great idea. I thought about hanging windows above the fiberglass panels to allow both for good bird viewing and wind protection. But thinking about birds hitting the windows put the quietus on that.


























Early this morning I was sitting watching my seed feeder below the dead cottonwood tree when a flock of eight W. Bluebirds landed in the tree above. I was dismayed that I couldn't get decent photos from my vantage point. A while later, I drove to the house for a tool I needed and while driving back, there were bluebirds perched right in front of me on the side of the road in a snag I had hung several years ago. The snag suddenly looked the best it's ever looked hanging there, as it is seldom used.


No comments:

Post a Comment