Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Exhausting day

I had to go to the dentist in Odessa today. I hate that trip, but one more visit might be the final one. I say "might," because I'm under a dental curse and anything that can go wrong, does.

To make the trip less onerous, I took the scenic route, Hwy 385, through Marathon. I must have seen a thousand bluebirds. I didn't have time to stop and bird, but I did stop once or twice. One time I felt like photographing a bluebird and couldn't even get just one in the frame. When I downloaded my pictures they all had more than one bird in them. The one in the air is a Mountain Bluebird and the one perched is a Western Bluebird. I also saw several Sage Thrashers, Townsend's Solitaires, and many other things that I didn't take time to stop and ID. The juniper berries are the attractants.


3 comments:

  1. Carolyn, we saw your blog about Hwy 385 and took it home today. We saw many bluebirds and more Sage Thrashers that I have ever seen in one spot. The highlight of the drive was a Golden Eagle. Awesome! Thanks for recommending that drive.
    Sincerely, Mike & Felicia Thomas (Austin, TX)
    mikesabirder@earthlink.net (hope dentist went well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the drive. Yes, the dentist went great. I think if all goes well, my next visit will be the last. More people should bird that highway this winter. Like the eagle, there's no telling what might show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a brilliant idea! This beautiful scene will definitely make your mind be at peace and somehow forget what you will be having done at your Dentist’s office. How was it by the way? I hope you got a good result.

    Lenita @ Dentist4Life.com

    ReplyDelete