Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Rolling with the flow

I woke up in Alpine this morning with every intention of spending at least the morning doing research at Sul Ross library. But when I got there the sign said it didn't open until noon on Saturday. I knew by noon I'd be totally out of the mood, so decided to come to the oasis and get some work done instead. I did work until mid-afternoon (it was a lovely day), then decided to take a nap. I don't get naps in town because of all the noise and activity, so really look forward to naps at CMO.

But then I got to worrying about the feeders at Lajitas, consulted Kelly, and we decided I should go check on them. Good thing too, because they wouldn't have lasted until sunup tomorrow. I did see the Broad-billed Hummingbird before I left, so seeing it and knowing the feeders are clean and full made it well worth missing a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment