Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, October 11, 2015

More work than expected

My son, Eric, and I arrived at CMO at daybreak to a lovely sunrise. No pics. We were in a hurry to get to the project of getting me a working pump. Spent a couple of hours removing the nonworking pumps and trying to fix them. Didn't seem fixable so we found a new pump in my plumbing shed that hadn't been used because my setup isn't wired for 4-wire pumps, only 3-wire pumps. To make a long story short, he rewired things. Hard to do when you don't have the luxury of going to the local hardware store. Had to make do with what was available. The new pump came with a Flotec or Pumptec, or something additional, in order to work, which required a bunch more electrical work and expertise. I simply cannot understand electric wiring. (Plumbing I can understand.) Anyway, we worked from 8 AM until 3 PM without a break, but ended up with a new working pump.

I guess my part in it was a facilitator. I held stuff and searched through sheds for things he needed. Running back and forth all day. I snapped this photo with my basic cell phone and then couldn't download it. Could only text it. So I texted it to my daughter and asked her to email it to me. Whew! Not doing that again.

I'm getting so behind on projects now that it's stressing me. I need to get back down there and get started. Thanksgiving will be here in a few short weeks and I need to clean the house before the kids and grand-kids arrive. Yes, I actually clean it once a year. Over the course of a year it gets some dust and spiders and cobwebs.

Other pressing projects include pruning the bushes growing out into the road. People hate getting their vehicles scratched. And more gravel in the second viewing area. The kitchen roof leaked around the stovepipe during this recent rain. Gotta caulk that. The mud room and pump shed have to be mouse-proofed and cleaned. Stuff like that. But projects keep getting added to the list so I need to keep plugging away. Not being able to water with hose pressure got me behind, not to mention all the dirt tank pumping. But water always takes priority. Tanks aren't leaking. YAY!

I'm finally able to put the drip back under the cottonwood tree. Maybe too late. It lost most of its leaves the past two weeks or so when I didn't have the water system up and running. I don't think it'll die, though.

Another thing I really want to do is look for odes at Lajitas before the weather gets cold, and also I'm supposed to see a CEO there about the birding habitat I've been pushing for, for years. I think it's really going to happen this time. That's such an important project for birders and oders that I have to find the time. At this time, if I don't do it no one will. Maybe in the future someone else will come along, but for now, I'm it.

I'd like to go oding to Austin and the Lower Rio Grande Valley but that will have to wait until next summer. If I get enough rain to where I can get away for a few days without needing to water. Didn't happen this year. But water takes priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment