Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 23, 2015

The worst is over

Nothing to blog about today. Going to CMO tomorrow for a few days. Hopefully, there'll be interesting stuff there.

I'm over the traumatic fear with the new laptop. Not saying I like Windows 10. I liked Windows XP just fine, and I'm good with Windows 7, but gotta move forward.


Watched a couple short YouTube videos and managed to do a couple of things without once running to my son. Got my backup photos all downloaded. Over 12,000 of them. Yikes!

I really like the top cover to the laptop. It's a shiny, mirror-finish black plastic. Kind of reminds me of the old-time Bakelite. (You all are probably too young to remember that.) I try not to touch the cover so it doesn't get fingerprints on it, but when I do, I polish it right away. LOL


That's the reflection of my camera on the bottom edge. The emblem is upside down so I guess it's the top, but it's the edge that opens to the keyboard. Taking it to CMO tomorrow will give it a good test. And me a good test too. Well, upon reflection, I guess it's only me that will really get tested.

OK, just for you younguns out there, I located a photo of a Bakelite radio online so you might know what I'm talking about.


I may have spells of nostalgia for those days, but no way would I want to go back to that technology.

Sure hoping this Hurricane Patricia fills my tanks. I've always said I get my best rain events from Pacific hurricanes. If this one doesn't do it, I don't know what will.


No comments:

Post a Comment