Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, April 1, 2016

No April Fools here

Not taking any chances on the tomato plants freezing tonight even though the temperature is forecast to get no lower than 34.° Been fooled before. And it being April Fool's Day and all, can't risk it.


The tomatoes are under buckets and plastic cages, topped with quilts and tarps. Good to go.

And Black-chinned Hummingbirds are no fools either. Here's one seeking warmth out of the wind underneath the stove pipe coming outside of our sitting room. Taken through the window where I was inside perched beside the warm fire.




Year's ago I photographed a Black-chinned perched on a bucket of warm ashes. That day it was freezing. I don't remember the date but I may have a record of it somewhere. I'm guessing it was around 2005.




No comments:

Post a Comment