Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Another day, another stretch of trail


No rain, but cool, moisture, and clouds are the next best thing this time of year. Seems like work on the relatively flat area of the S. Rim Trail is going really slow. Partially because my good hoe and pick are up on the other trail. Hope to get a better hoe in town tomorrow. If you enlarge the next photo you can see how close I still am to my pickup. I guess I expect since the ground is pretty flat that it should go faster, but distance is distance, flat or sloped.


I moved a dead Prickly Pear Cactus out of the way of the trail and uncovered this Texas Banded Gecko.


I found my first one last year, but I don't think it was an adult like this one is. (See post of Mar 22, 2015) So even the dead vegetation is valuable.



No comments:

Post a Comment