Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Up and at it again

Ann and I went up the mountain for a couple of hours. I'm so exhausted by the time I get to where we last worked that I really have to push myself to get anything done. But this weekend I'm expecting some help. We will see if any actually arrives. I do feel like I made some progress today, but I have lowered my standards a bit.... for now anyway. Some places are narrower than I'd like them for sure. Sorry, no photos. I was too tired. Next time. You probably wouldn't notice much on them anyway, but I think I did at least 30 feet of really rough stuff.

Back at the oasis there are loads of recently fledged birds and lots of feeding activity. Here's my first photo of a Yellow-breasted Chat carrying food to the nest. Distant and heavily cropped.


I've been searching for the Peregrine eyrie and here's what I've come up with, but not confirmed. Arrow is pointing to a little ledge to the left of a white-washed area. I'm thinking that may be the eyrie, but I could sure be wrong. That area of the cliff face is the only area with white-wash, so I'm thinking it has to be somewhere in that area. This photo was taken with 400mm zoom at about a half-mile away.



No comments:

Post a Comment