Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Out of my comfort zone

For years I've been complaining about the quality of my photos and people have been telling me I should shoot in RAW instead of JPEG, so finally I decided to do it. That involved me having to download software that came with my camera. After I shoot in RAW, I convert them to JPEG so I don't see why I shouldn't just shoot in JPEG to begin with, but apparently it makes a difference. Here's my first shots with RAW. I stopped by the Burrowing Owl place on my way to CMO late this afternoon.

I don't think one shoot will tell me much, but in time, I should be able to determine if I'm making progress.

It was wonderful to have rain today. CMO got a little over half an inch. None ran into the tanks, but I don't have to water for a few days. I was getting really tired of everything seeming hopelessly dry no matter how much I watered.

Mac got a picture of some baby Scaled Quail today. I love precocial chicks that are not helpless when they hatch. Mac said there were about eleven chicks in this brood, but I only see eight in this photo. So cute. Maybe I'll get photo opportunities of them tomorrow since I won't have to water.


My gratitude to Mac for allowing me to share his photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment