Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Another rainy rain-less day

Pouring again in Alpine, but not a cloud at CMO. Same old, same old. I went to Marathon early today before it could cloud up and rain. Wore myself out. The best species I would say was a Pahaska Skipper. I had one at the oasis this spring, so it's my second one, but this one is fresher looking.


Butterflies love the Buttonbush. I'm definitely going to get some of that going here at our ponds in Alpine. I feel remiss for not having done it long ago. I did plant some seeds and some plants I dug up a couple years ago, but this time I'm going to start them in pots first. The previous attempts didn't work. Gonna try cuttings this winter too.

Here are a couple of damselflies from today. The first is a Rambur's Forktail, and the second is a female Double-striped Bluet.




And here's a real cute caterpillar. No idea what kind.


Back to CMO to water tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment