Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Beeblossoms

The oasis has countless species of flowers blooming currently, including two species of beeblossoms. Here is the Rio Grande Beeblossom (Oenothera boquillensis)..


And here is the other species that I've just recently identified, Small-flowered Beeblossom (Oenothera curtiflora)..


Both are in the Evening Primrose family. Here's a new species for me. I found it growing in the  courtyard. Got it ID'd online as Common Mallow (Malva neglecta). I couldn't ID it myself because I didn't see the flowers on it and thought these green things were the flowers, but not so. The flowers are pink. Sorry I missed seeing them.


On Brian's suggestion, I looked closely at my Tree Tobacco plants for caterpillars. Found one. May have missed some. They really blend in well.



No comments:

Post a Comment