Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Chilly day


A group of birders came today, and it was so cold this morning, and my electricity was out all morning. I was so frustrated! Called the electric company and they said it'd be out 3 or 4 more hours. No way could I make it that long without internet, so I packed up, ready to head back to town, without watering, when the electricity came back on. I got all happy again and it warmed up nicely. Luck of the Irish,* I guess, whatever that means.

Lots of Lucifer Hummingbird activity. I expect the feeders will stay busy except when the ocotillo blooms.

Orange Skipperling
Just gotta share this with you. It's my niece Tanya, in Austin, who is as passionate about bees as I am about my hobbies. So adorable! (Yes, she gets stung a lot.)



The electric company said the reason for the outage was a bird flying into the transmission line.
______________________________________________________

*Recently I had my DNA tested and found out I have more Irish in me than I had expected. All my long life I thought I was 25% Irish and 75% German. (In pre-DNA days we estimated like that.)


I'm still not going to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment