Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, March 22, 2019

Raptor-ous day

Spring is officially here and I did some serious watering. Usually this time of year I severely ration water, but not today. Having that 65,000 gallons of water in the new tank gives me the courage to water normally even though I should save that water for a summer with no rain. I won't have to touch it this year unless it doesn't rain.

Was surprised to spot a perched Peregrine Falcon from the oasis. If it hadn't been squawking loudly I wouldn't have located it. Even still, it was quite a distance from the oasis near the top of a big hill in the distance.


And as if that sighting wasn't enough, I saw a Sharp-shinned Hawk soaking in the tank.


When I arrived at the oasis I saw kestrels dive-bombing a Red-tailed Hawk too. Such an ordinary occurrence I didn't bother to photograph it.

Was a little perturbed to discover insect damage to my Tree Tobacco plants. It's rough country to grow stuff in. Hopefully, they'll all survive. I still have 4 in pots I can replace some with if need be.







No comments:

Post a Comment