Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Surprise lifer butterfly

I ran outside late this afternoon to cover up the tomato plants. They're looking healthy and I want to keep them that way. Forecast for 33° tonight and forecasts are not accurate at all so not taking chances. While I was dashing around weighting down quilts over them I saw a butterfly. I watched where it landed, grabbed my camera and got pics of it. When I couldn't ID it I consulted Brian,  assuming it was either a Funereal or Mournful Duskywing. Brian said it's a male Juvenal's Duskywing, which is a lifer for me.


I always have Mexican Ducks on the ponds but not very often Mallards. Here's a lovely male Mallard. Not rare, but a treat for me.


The wind finally died down. My sister said two wind protectors blew off my Tree Tobaccos. She put them back on and watered them. Can't wait to get back down there myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment