Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, August 23, 2019

2019 Hummingbird Celebration - day two

OMG! After my Lucifer presentation in Ft Davis yesterday afternoon I wanted to hang around and visit with friends but forced myself to rush to the oasis to get ready for today's group. Got to the oasis in good speed only to find the electricity was off. Couldn't water. It was too hot to sleep. Couldn't fix myself supper. No internet.  Nothing.


Today's group showed up around 8 AM. Still no power. So my water drips that attract bathing birds had no birds at them. Very disappointing.


Still birding was decent. The electricity didn't come on until afternoon. Three poles had gone down in the park.  One interesting hummer we saw was a leucistic archilochus, either Ruby-throated or Black-chinned.




No comments:

Post a Comment