Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, August 12, 2019

Unnotable day

After doing basically nothing yesterday I had to get some work done today, whether I wanted to or not. Not. But my knee is getting better. So I watered a bunch today. Will be easy to finish tomorrow morning. Then I took a long healing nap, then swept the courtyard, and did a little pruning in it. As usual, forgot to take photos. The festival will be bringing groups here in a little over a week and I don't want to wait until the last minute to do what cleaning I feel is necessary. And my standards are low, believe me.

Not really any interesting things to photograph today. Here are a few that I consider poor quality shots from today. That's it.

The first one is a juvenile male Lucifer. The feeders are swarming with hummers. I fill about 8 feeders a day, as they get empty, when I'm here. There are a couple dozen hanging at any given time. Before I head back to town I'm going to have to add more feeders.


Next is a damselfly that I guess is a Double-striped Bluet, although it looks a little different to me. I just don't know what else it can be. Bad light or something, because it's a terrible photo. Sometimes I think the "Intelligent Auto" on my camera doesn't engage. Other features are iffy too, but I can't complain. I really have abused the camera and sometimes it takes surprisingly good photos.


Great Pondhawk
This Painted Lady looked so fresh and perfect flitting around, but when I downloaded my photo I see wear and tear. That happens to me a lot.


Just another day. Of course, every day is a gift at my age.😃

No comments:

Post a Comment