Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Rainbows waiting for rain


I usually get my monsoons when there's a hurricane in the Pacific. None are there at this time, but will come eventually, maybe in a month or so. Gotta be patient, but it's hard when I have to water twice a week in triple-digit heat.

While thus engaged today I accidentally flushed an Elf Owl. That's the only way you even know they're here after breeding season.


Also had a nice ode in the stucco tank.... a Giant Darner. Second time for that species at the oasis that I know about. The other time was in 2016. But they don't hang around long so it's possible they come by more often. I never see them land so have to do what I can in-flight... not my strong suit.


Birds really love the new bird bath. Here is a migrating Wilson's Warbler and a juvenile bunting, probably Varied, but could be Painted.


It started raining a bit while I was composing this post.  Would be lovely if I don't have to spend all morning watering tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment