Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, August 29, 2019

A pretty good day

The day started out at 65,° too cold for rattlers to be active, or so I thought. Minutes after thinking that I had an encounter with a Diamond-backed. And he had already fed. Now, I'm told, they can become active at 60.°  Good to know.


The electrician called that he'll be here tomorrow morning. Yay! there is hope. Meanwhile, I decided to remove a bunch of water from the stucco tank so if he has to get to the pump, it'll be easier. I left 3' of water in the deep end for the pump to operate on. Then as I need more for watering in the future, I'll put more back in. This way cuts way down on surface area, thus evaporation.


And here's that water going into the tank that doesn't leak.


I saw a first fall male Townsend's Warbler but it was moving too fast for me to have time to focus as good as I wanted. Had to take what I could get.



And a juvenile male Calliope Hummingbird...



No comments:

Post a Comment