Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Shock without awe!

My sister and her daughter roam all over our nearly 1,000 acre property looking for wildflowers. Their photos are a treasure to my other sister, Ann, and me, who can no longer do the looking. Yesterday, while thus engaged, they came across this near our private road.



She texted me the above photo, and asked what it was. I told her I had no idea, to just remove it. (I hate trash on my property and always pick it up.) So today she went back and sent me the following photos. Apparently, it's a secret Border Patrol camera spying on all oasis visitors. Very shocking! I googled it and it seems they have the right within 25 miles of the border. Illegals never come our way because it's too rugged a terrain. They stay closer to the highway five miles west of CMO.





Had they asked permission to put it there, or even informed me, I wouldn't mind so much, but they didn't. And if they had asked permission, I would have given it, albeit grudgingly. But mostly, I just feel I should have been informed.

On a brighter note, a pair of Cassin's Finches visited my town bird bath today. Always a treat! 



Spring migration is just barely beginning. Saw my first for this year Barn Swallows in Alpine today.



Only NINE more days of hep C meds! My foot hurts some, but not nearly what it had been. I can't walk without a limp though. Maybe that'll improve. If not, I could have much worse things to live with.


8 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn’t realize they could put the cameras on private property without notification…Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shock! I don't know if it's legal. I'm not willing to sue the BP, so I just accept it. https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Rancher-sues-BP-chief-ranger-12604861.php

      Delete
  2. Hum? I live out in your area and I’m not sure I’d have been as gracious as you about the Border Patrol spy camera. Think I’ll check out my acreage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just accept what I can't change. I don't want to make an enemy of BP. I found this online. https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Rancher-sues-BP-chief-ranger-12604861.php

      Delete
  3. It feels like a violation of your space to me regardless of the legal situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly does! My whole family feels that way since we share the land.

      Delete
  4. That is quite a surprise! A little disturbing. There are plenty of far more troubled areas than yours for illegal immigration. Glad y’all discovered it and shared.
    I will try to dress a little nicer next time I bird your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, it is disturbing not to have known about it. It's near the pull off where we often stop to pee. Not doing that anymore. My sister took GPS coordinates and it's just yards within 25 miles from the border.

      Delete