Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

X-ray results

I was disappointed, but not surprised, to have the results of the X-ray come back as osteoarthritis. That means I don't have a recovery to look forward to. However, I'm certainly going to do all I can to keep it from getting worse. Watering is the hardest part. That entails walking for hours over rough ground. I hate to take drugs for pain, even though the strongest I ever take is ibuprofen. (I hardly even take more than one ibuprofen per year.)


Every day I shoot bird photos out the window of birds in the new bird bath. I was delighted today, when I downloaded my photos, to see the background is getting lovely. When I first built the water feature, in late November, things were already dormant. Now I can look forward to some better photos. Here's one taken in the middle of winter.


Lincoln's Sparrow

And here's one from today. I like the background much better.


Myrtle's Yellow-rumped Warbler

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Hope you get to feeling better. …Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birdbath, Carolyn - I need to come check it out! ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birders are always welcome to come sit on the patio and watch the birdbath.

      Delete
  3. Ibuprofen doesn’t mask pain the way narcotics do. Instead it actually decreases the inflammatory process which results in less pain. Works well for arthritis.

    ReplyDelete