Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, March 3, 2023

Still tweaking trail camera

I'm close to getting the position of the camera to suit me. Here are a couple of clips that were on the camera when I got there today. Since then, I've pointed the camera more downward.






Once I get it how I want it, I need to secure it better. Right now a rock is wedged behind it to make it point downward but only a matter of time until an animal undoes that.


Otherwise, I watered today and got my first of the year Lucifer photo, though not a good one. They're so hyper when they first arrive that it's hard for me to get focused before they're gone. Their gorget color is so much more fluorescent early in the season too. Photos can't do it justice.



The weather was great today. Many things are starting to bloom or leaf out. I'm so ready! Just hope mother nature doesn't throw us any curve balls. It freezes about 3 out of every 4 Marches. Gonna be a long month!


3 comments:

  1. We had a great day there Tuesday. Again, thank you for allowing us access to your oasis, and thank you for all of your hard work. We got to see one Lucifer there. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Glad you got to experience the place, complete with a gorgeous male Lucifer!

      Delete
  2. Glad the Lucifers are back! ~Matt

    ReplyDelete