Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Winter's last gasp!

Photo from sister's patio

While I love getting the moisture, nearly an inch so far, I sure hate having it this cold. Everything had leafed out so lovely. Just hoping the snow will protect it. In 3 days it's supposed to get back into the 80s.


Yesterday (3/17)

Today (3/18)

Before this winter storm, the Tree Tobacco looked like this. Only one plant still survives, But given good weather conditions, it could reseed itself quickly and thrive. Otherwise, I'll let nature decide what's to grow around the tank. I already made my suggestion.



My pickup is sporting its new grill and door handle. Hitting a deer was the cheaper of the two. Cost nearly $200 to get the handle installed, and about $100 for the grill. It didn't come with the Ford emblem. I doubt if I could find mine along the highway anywhere. Maybe I'll come up with something interesting to put in its place. Like, I once had a Lucifer license plate. I could cut the Lucifer out of the plate and put it there.


Yesterday, here in Alpine, I had a bunch of Common Grackles show up. Hadn't seen any since mid December, so I enjoyed that.



Two more weeks of Hep meds, and 2 more days until summer! All good! Got my foot x-rayed, but haven't gotten back the results yet.



4 comments:

  1. My goodness you've been through it these past few weeks. I like the lucifer emblem idea! Hope you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel good other than painful to walk. Once I'm through with my meds I can take ibuprofen or something for it, as a last resort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you need a Lucifer brand truck! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your all's encouragement has made me determined to make it happen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete