Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Snowstorm aftermath

Here are a few photos my son took yesterday while he was at the oasis with his daughter.






By the time I got there at daylight today, much of it had melted. Don't know yet what all froze and what didn't. Many limbs bowed to the ground, but only a few seem to be broken. The good news is that we got well over an inch of moisture from the storm. Here is a photo I took of the oasis today.



I barely made the road coming in today, but the big hill, thanks to the new concrete, was one of the easier spots. Without the concrete, I wouldn't normally have made it up in conditions like today.


Hated to leave, but I have a dental appointment in Odessa tomorrow.


8 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and looking at your photos. The visit my wife and I made in 2019 was phenomenal. At some point we'll have to try to go back and visit maybe spend some more time in the Alpine area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. While I wouldn’t have wanted to deal with icy roads, I’d love to be there for the snow once. I’ve seen so many people’s pictures. The area is beautiful every day, but I’d love to see it with snow

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two times we were there it was a little hiccup getting past the hill (old days) but so beautiful looking out over the Oasis, must have been a breathtaking sight seeing it covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can come back and enjoy the hill now. Whereas before it seemed like a challenge, it's so easy now, one wonders why it even needed concrete. Doesn't seem as steep. The road is still rough, but more an adventure than a challenge now.

      Delete
  4. You guys have had your share of snow this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they might have had more snow this winter than we did just outside of Boston.

      Delete